Future Market Insights’ recent report on the remanufactured medical device market in Asia Pacific states that in 2017 and beyond, Japan, China and Southeast Asia combined will account for more than 60% of total market revenue. The report estimates that the market for reprocessed medical devices in the Asia Pacific region is currently valued at US$236.9 million. In a forecast period of ten years, the market is expected to expand at a rate of 15.7% CAGR and achieve just over USD 1 billion by the end of 2027.
Reprocessing of cardiac devices at a higher rate
The report reveals that in 2016, more than $100 million in reprocessed medical devices were found to be used in the cardiology field. The demand for reprocessed cardiology devices is expected to continue to rise in the coming years, registering the highest compound annual growth rate of 18.4%. Reprocessing will also gain traction among endoscopic instruments and devices, the revenue of which is expected to reach US$111 million by the end of 2027. Meanwhile, orthopedic or arthroscopy devices, gastroenterology devices, ENT devices and other Similar medical devices relatively steady growth in terms of revenue.
To stay “ahead” of your competition, order a sample
The main points of the search results are as follows:
- By the end of 2027, one in two reprocessed medical devices sold in the Asia Pacific region will be classified as semi-critical medical devices. This indicates that the demand for reprocessing is higher for semi-critical medical devices, compared to critical or non-critical medical devices.
- The most notable method of reprocessing medical devices, observed across the Asia Pacific region, is likely to be reprocessing by a third party. The third parties assisting drug manufacturers in the reprocessing business act as an integrator for the remanufactured medical device market in the Asia Pacific region.
- The report identified hospitals as the largest end user of reprocessed medical devices in the Asia Pacific region. Similarly, Diagnostic Centers and ASCs will contribute significantly, by showing revenue growth of over 11% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
Moreover, the report provided a glimpse of the leading manufacturers of Remanufactured Medical Devices involved in the Asia Pacific region. Companies like Stryker Sustainability, Medline ReNewal, Hygia Health Services, Inc. and CLEANPART HEALTHCARE and ReNu Medical, Inc. and SureTek Medical and NEScientific.
Get a custom domain to fit your needs Ask an expert – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-3211
The main segments in this market are as follows:
- New Zealand
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
By product type
- digestive system organs
- Heart devices
- Laparoscopy devices
- Orthopedic devices / arthroscopy
- Ear, Nose and Throat Devices
- Pulse sensors
- Ultrasound catheterization
- almost critical
- not critical
By the method of reprocessing
- In House
- With the help of a third party
- Incompatible processors
For important insights, order the PDF brochure: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/brochure/rep-gb-3211
by end user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Mobile surgery centers