[250 Pages Report] the wet wipes market Total revenue 3.7 billion USD In 2021, according to a Future Market Insights (FMI) study. Total sales of wet wipes are expected to exceed 8.0 billion USD By 2031, at a compound annual growth rate of 7.6% Between 2021 and 2031.
Increased healthcare issues, the spread of infectious diseases, and skin-related problems have raised concerns among the general population. As a result, awareness regarding the adoption of personal care and hygiene practices is high at all times.
Get | Download sample version with diagrams and list of figures:
Regular use of disinfectants, wet wipes and wipes for hygiene and maintaining proper hygiene has positively affected the wet wipes market. With many choices of wet wipes available in the market, catering to various purposes such as incontinence wet wipes – for urinary incontinence, sterile wound cleaning and wet swab – for cleaning wounds, skin care wet wipes – for regular use; Future growth prospects remain optimistic.
Traditionally, products such as soap, face wash, cleansing milk, and other products already available in the market have been used for personal hygiene for generations. But factors such as ease of handling, convenience during travel, and achieving hand and face hygiene without the use of water, have led to an increased consumer tendency in favor of wet wipes.
Companies specializing in wet wipes are focusing on developing more innovative products such as perfume-filled wipes, eco-friendly and biodegradable wipes, using wood pulp and cotton to avoid harmful effect on sensitive skin.
The government as well as private companies engage in specialized marketing campaigns to meet the need for wet wipes. Moreover, mergers, acquisitions and collaborations are conducted by companies to increase product portfolio as well as reach. All these factors are expected to increase the demand for wet wipes.
For more information, query or customization before purchasing, visit:
Key Points of Wet Wipes Market Study
- By product, incontinence wipes make up the most profitable segment in terms of revenue. The demand for incontinence wipes is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate of over 7% from 2021-2031.
- By disposable, the non-washable wipes segment will maintain a revenue share of approximately 75% in 2021 and is expected to follow a similar growth trend in the future.
- By application, the skin care wipes segment occupies the largest share and will continue to dominate this segment in the forecast period.
- In terms of the end user, hospitals lead the market and are expected to gain more than 25% revenue share during the forecast period.
- North America will dominate the global wet wipes market in terms of revenue in 2021, followed by the Europe region.
- India dominates the wet wipes market in South Asia, accounting for nearly 29% of the global market share in 2021.
- China occupies a leading position in East Asia and is expected to capture nearly 40% of the market share.
“Driven by changing consumer preferences, market players are rethinking sourcing materials for wet wipes. Their focus is shifting toward more sustainable and biodegradable options to reduce the environmental burden of wet wipes disposal. This will provide attractive opportunities for market growth in the near future,” said a leading analyst at FMI.
Ask us your questions about this report:
Who’s the winner?
Some of the leading wet wipes manufacturers focus on innovative product launches, specialized marketing campaigns, mergers and acquisitions, and partnership strategies, thus strengthening their presence in the market.
- In February 2018, Procter & Gamble announced its acquisition of Snowberry, a New Zealand-based skincare company that specializes in natural ingredient products.
- In August 2020, the Kimberly-Clark brand Pull-Ups launched a product, New Leaf. Pull-Ups® New Leaf Made with plant-based ingredients such as sugar cane and fluff pulp, carefully selected and crafted to provide a high level of protection.
- In February 2018, Stryker completed the acquisition of Entellus Medical, a medical technology company and enhanced Stryker’s range of personal care products.
Major market players covered by FMI include Essity Aktiebolag (publ), Kimberly-Clark, Procter & Gamble, Cardinal Health, Medtronic, Stryker, Coloplast and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. , and Medline Industries Inc. , and ConvaTec Inc. , The Himalaya Drug Company, Domtar Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Private Limited, Hollister Incorporated, and Godrej Consumer Products Limited.